Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rainy Day in Dublin

It poured down rain all day in Dublin and Ben had to work so AK and I hit the museums. First up was the Natural History Museum. I think every tourist in the city with children had the same idea - the place was packed! It was a great old-school museum with hundreds of taxidermied animals to look at and nobody cared that AK was loud and spit up all over everything! She saw her first puma (hi Auntie Robin) and made friends with a zebra head. All the dead animals kind of freaked me out, but AK loved it!

After a short (but very wet) walk, we made it to the History and Archaeology Museum. AK slept while I perused through thousands of years of artifacts (bodies! butter! gold!) that had been pulled out of bogs around the country.

Hopefully tomorrow is drier.

1 comment:

  1. The bear looks like he has those crazy Halloween teeth????

    ReplyDelete